Split up

"Some people want it all
But I don't want nothing at all
If it ain't you baby"

I was hearing Alicia Key’s song. Owh, my phone was ringing.
I picked up the phone.

“Tikaaaaa!!!” I recognized this ear-splitting and shrill voice. I imagined her lovable sweet face, a contrast comparison to her boisterous voice.

“Hi Mya!! I really miss you...How are you?” I was hoping she could sense my yearning.

“I miss you too, Tik. Everything is terrible. That’s why I call you.”

“Oh.. cup cup. I don’t think every single thing is terrible, is it?” Your study? Your healthiness? Your family? Your faith?

“O yeah.. it’s just my feeling."

“Anything’s happened?”

“Of course!!” She was yelling on me. It’s a stupid question because she usually calls me when she needs me. But, it’s not a problem. I love her.

“I split up with my partner.” That’s a common problem, but I had never heard her sounded this dampened before.

Slowly I asked her,”Why my dear? Was there something going on with both of you?”

“HE CHEATED ON ME!!!” She snarled. “Not behind my back, but in front of my eyes. Can you imagine, Tik? “

Somehow, I could hear faint sobbing and sniveling in her words.
I took a deep breath and tried to pick some good words in order to reply her.

“Well my dear, if it was like that, then I don’t think your split up is a bad happening. On the contrary, I think it is a good way given from Allah. Allah had shown you that he isn’t the best partner for you. He cheated on you.”

“Tik, I do realize that.” Her voice was more relaxed now. “But I don’t know. Somehow I could forgive him whenever he did that.”

“Mya, he is not the only guy in your life. Not to mention that he cared nothing of you.” I stopped a while as I barely noticed another sobbing across.

“Now is the time for you to move on,” I continued. “Try to forget him.”

“But, I don’t like to be alone.” She replied.”I don’t think I can bear the loneliness.”

“But you’re not lonely, my dear. You must be having somebody close to you.”

“There is no body,” She sounded a little dispirited.

“I’m somebody,” I snapped.

A little quiet, but then she replied, “But, Tika, it is a different kind of relationship.”

“He will be happy because you can’t get off from him.

“Yeah, I’m a feeble girl,” She said submissively. “I miss him Tika.”

“You have to refrain from him,” I said.

“But I still put a hope on him.”

“You are too good for him,” I told her. “Do you want any suggestion from me?”

“What?”

“Try not to contact him... try not to expect him to contact you... But when he contact you, use that good time to be as effusive as you can... then, if you want to forget, try not to contact him... try not to expect him to contact you...”

“I can’t”

“Let’s finish our useless chatting,” I said.

“Tikaaaa!”

“I’m just kidding, let’s return it to Allah.”

“Hmmm..”

“We don’t need any partner until we get married. Just be patient and trust in God. May Allah give his blessing, praise and reward for us.”

“Amiin.”

Comments

Popular Posts