Nice Public Service

Actually,
You can call me apathetic because I hate talking about politic, good governance, corruption, collusion and nepotism. It's like, yeah its happen and what can I do? Waks.. Apathetic!

Then,
Few days ago, I fulfill a survey about Bureaucrat Reformation Program in Indonesia held by Tempo. Today, I just came from Kantor Catatan Sipil making birth certificate for my daughters with NO CHARGE (except 1 person asked 10 thousand rupiah ckck). I was just suprised..


I don't wanna write about corruption although I am in happen a part of governance system since 2 years ago, but I try to describe how scary public service is for me (and hubby :P) instead.
Whereas, sadly as a new family in a new town, I need to frequently interact with public service. Count it: KTP, KK, Birth Certificate, Kartu Kuning, SKCK, Moving Letter, etc.


This is our perception about public service:

We come and will figure out that 
- The unsmiling sullen face and stingy respond will service us.
- Someone will take our money which isn't listed in the regulation
- Long and complicated process
- Long time result, if u want faster, give extra money

Peace ya!

All of my traumatic odor remind me as a civil servant (jreng jreng): don't do like that!!

My office now is formulating Public Satisfaction Index of Our Service. So, I'm still optimistic that Bureaucrat Reformation Program will be succeeded. (cynical or ??? :P)

Comments

Popular Posts